Lean Six Sigma Course Leading to Green Belt Certification (35 Hours)
SDL provides cutting-edge Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (LSSGB) training & certification program in Mississauga, Ontario, GTA.
To help improve team and/or project leads to successfully execute improvement projects by using a set of proven methods and tools of DMAIC (DEFINE-MEASURE-ANALYZE-IMPROVE-CONTROL) methodology. Though Six Sigma was originally developed by Motorola Inc. but now is widely used across industries. A Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (CSSGB) has global recognition that demonstrates one’s ability/skill on data-driven approach and methodology for eliminating defects in any process across industries. A CSSGB certification showcases ability of individuals to achieve operational excellence and process improvement within their organization. It also helps you increase your visibility within the team and thus elevate your career.
This training will help individuals gain the fundamental knowledge and thus meet the minimum requirements for obtaining the Six Sigma Green Belt certification (CSSGB).
SDL certification in Lean Six Sigma Green Belt requires successful completion of the course and obtaining a passing grade in the final exam.
Professionals from healthcare, finance, operations, customer service, engineering, information technology, government, logistics, sales, quality, and purchasing sectors who have basic knowledge of statistics, experience in project management and are looking forward to learn the Lean and Six Sigma methodologies leading to a Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
A hands-on approach to learning six sigma and lean principles with the help of class lectures on improvement projects with industrial experience. Learning process will include periodic review of quizzes and a project presentation leading to Lean-Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
Class room attendance and timely project completion will be the minimum requirement to attain certification.
- Seeing waste
- Identifying types of waste
- Reducing waste
- Value Stream Mapping
DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) phases for improvement and problem solving
- Selecting improvement projects, defining problem statement, project purpose and scope,
- Defining project and identifying project team
- Measuring current performance levels and defining metrics
- Mapping process and reviewing value added process
- Collecting data and interpreting data
- Calculating process capability
- Identifying factors for improvement, and the root causes
- Use six-sigma tools to interpret data
- Understanding the variation, control charts
- Selecting factors for improvement
- Identifying solutions
- Evaluating and selecting one solution
- Implementing and planning effective solution
- Standardizing, maintaining and sustaining work methods or process
- Identifying and implementing control plan
- Evaluating effectiveness of improvement / gains or implemented actions
- Lessons learned