ITIL V3 Foundation Exam Prep course (21 Hours)
SDL provides cutting-edge ITIL V3 training program in Mississauga, Ontario, GTA
ITIL is for managing the growing dependence on Information Technology to meet business needs. ITIL provides organizations with a customizable framework of best practices to achieve high quality service and to overcome difficulties associated with the growth of IT systems. ITIL is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management. ITIL provides a comprehensive set of best practices, formed from the experiences of the public and private sectors internationally. It is supported by a comprehensive qualifications system, accredited training organizations, and implementation and assessment tools. At SDL, we provide ITIL V3 training by professional experts.
- All IT Operations
- Technical or Management staff requiring more information about ITIL V3 framework best practices
- Anyone responsible for managing, implementing, or consulting on ITIL V3 processes with IT
- Anyone pursuing a certification in ITIL V3
- Project Managers looking to enhance their career as PMP/ITIL is the most desired combination in Corporate America today.
This official ITIL Foundations certification course provides you with a general overview of the IT Service Management Lifecycle which is outlined in ITIL’s five core books – Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement. ITIL’s “service lifecycle” consists of 26 processes and four functions.
|Service Lifecycle Stage
||Processes & Functions
||Strategy Management For IT Services, Service Portfolio Management, Business Relationship Management, Financial Management For IT Services, Demand Management
||Design Coordination, Service Catalog Management, Service Level Management, Availability Management, Capacity Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Information Security Management, Supplier Management
||Transition Planning & Support, Change Management, Service Asset & Configuration Management, Release & Deployment Management, Service Validation & Testing, Change Evaluation, Knowledge Management
||Event Management, Incident Management, Request Fulfillment, Problem Management, Access Management, and the functions of: IT Operations, Technical Management, Application Management, Service Desk
|Continual Service Improvement
||Seven-Step Improvement Process
What will you learn?
The course is designed as an introduction to ITIL and enables you to understand how an integrated ITSM framework can be utilized to achieve IT business integration, cost reductions and increased productivity. The agenda includes:
- What is ITIL; its strategic and operational benefits; and an overview of ITIL’s certification program
- ITIL’s key concepts, definitions and objectives
- ITIL’s “service-driven lifecycle” approach, and the structure, components and processes and functions of the five core ITIL books. For each of the five core books and the related processes and functions, the course provides:
- A high level description of the main activities, goals and benefits
- Process interrelationships and interdependencies, what “process integration” and “business integration” really mean
- Key metrics and management reporting
The course prepares you for the examination leading to the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management. This certification is the prerequisite for the Intermediate and Expert levels of ITIL certification.
Who Should Attend & Prerequisites
ITIL Foundations is suitable for anyone working in IT services requiring more information about the ITIL best practice framework.
There are no mandatory prerequisites. Work experience in IT services is recommended.