Presently available in virtual classroom format using white board.
SMC™ (Scrum Master Certified) Exam Prep Course
SMC™ (Scrum Master Certified) Exam Prep Course (16 hours)
In partnership with SCRUMstudy.com, the global certification body for Scrum and Agile certifications, SDL is offering high quality Scrum training leading to globally accepted certification namely SMC™ (Scrum Master Certified).
SCRUM is the most widely adopted AGILE methodology for managing software projects Over the years Scrum and other Agile methods have become immensely popular as they support adaptive planning, evolutionary development and delivery, and enable quick and flexible response to change. Today, companies are using Scrum and other Agile frameworks not only in software production but also to develop financial products, internet products, and medical products. Scrum is being utilized in a growing array of product development.
- To provide an understanding of the philosophy and principles in the Scrum framework.
- To provide a practical working knowledge of Scrum including roles, meetings, and artifacts.
- To prepare participants to be comfortable with implementing Scrum in their organizations, as well as utilizing Scrum to manage common issues and roadblocks.
- To prepare participants to take SMC™ exam upon completion of the course.
- We promise a highly engaging course that ensures higher retention of concepts and theories.
- Participants are encouraged to work through the concepts rather than just listen to the concepts. This provides a better internalization of course content.
- Role-plays are conducted and practical implementation issues are discussed for all parts of the Scrum flow.
- A central case study is integrated into the course to enable participants to simulate a product development project using Scrum methodology.
- Student course workbook
- Case study booklet
- Scrum in a page
- A Guide to Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBOK™ Guide)
This certification is appropriate for anyone who is working as a Scrum Developer, Scrum Master, Scrum Product Owner or is interested to work as a Scrum Master. Although Scrum is popular in the IT industry, it can be used effectively across different industries. The SBOK Guide, on which the course is based, can also be used as an effective guide for implementation.
There is no formal prerequisite for this certification. However, it is preferable to complete the SDC™ (Scrum Developer Certified) certification before applying for the Scrum Master certification. It is also highly recommended to attend a 2-day SMC™ classroom training provided by Sixth Dimension Learning, a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) for Scrum and Agile certification courses of SCRUMstudy.com.
- Multiple Choice
- 100 questions per exam
- One mark awarded for every right answer
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- 120 minutes duration
- Proctored online exam
- Current Pass Rate: 95%
To maintain the certification status, professionals will need to earn 40 re-certification credits every 3 years. Sixth Dimension Learning will guide and help you in obtaining the credits.
Five Reasons to consider SDL & SCRUMstudy as your preferred partner:
1. Best Quality Resources: Scrumstudy.com owns the Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBOK™ Guide), a 340 page Scrum knowledge guide, available as a free download to the Scrum and Agile community. The SBOK™ Guide proposes a framework consisting of specific Scrum processes and tools, which draws from the combined knowledge and insight gained from thousands of projects across a variety of organizations and industries. In addition, contributions were made by educational experts who have taught Scrum and project management courses to more than 400,000 professionals in 150 countries. To download the SBOK™ Guide click here
2. Largest Network of Authorized Training Partners (ATPs): SCRUMstudy has the largest network of more than 125 professional partners who deliver Scrum and Agile training in several countries worldwide. All ATP trainers go through a rigorous process of certification and approval before they can conduct Scrum and Agile classes.
3.Valuable Free Resources: Scrumstudy provides free resources to help Scrum aspirants learn more about the Scrum framework for delivering projects. This includes a free introdutory Scrum Fundamentals Certified(SFC) course, high-quality videos, case studies, mobile apps, and more.
4. Great Corporate Testimonials: Students from Apple, IBM, HP, Amex, Lockheed Martin, Paypal, Bank of America, and several Fortune 500 companies have benefited from Scrumstudy certifications and consistently rate the courses they took as great quality.
5. Classroom Training Methodology: Scrumstudy provides the Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBOK™ Guide) and standardized high-quality courseware in all its classes. SCRUMstudy classes are taught through role-plays and case studies to simulate real-life project scenarios Scrum practitioners may actually face.